Kudus Rus Campsite - Namibia
The Naukluft Camp (Kudus Rus) is situated south-east of Solitaire in the Naukluft mountains. This area is renowned for large, spectacular, sand dunes, vast gravel plains, towering mountain ranges, and deep sculptured canyons. Nestled amongst this amazing landscape, and surrounded by formidable cliffs, is the Kudu's Rus camp-site.
There is a small main building with reception, administrative office and a small kiosk where you can buy a small selection of cool drinks and beers. Washing facilities are located in a communal washing block, with showers, flushing toilets and wash-basins. Visitors bring their own supplies for the duration of their stay.
Accommodation is in:
- Bush Chalets: Guests can now stay in 6 single/double chalets.
- Camping: There are 21 fairly basic camp sites, consisting of a braai (barbeque) area and a tap. Some sites have a concrete picnic table. Washing facilities are located in a communal washing block, with showers, flushing toilets and wash-basins.
Guest can follow the dry river bed for a few kilometres. It runs past the campsite and through the stunning mountain scenery, to crystal clear rock pools. Here you swim, relax and unwind in the pools, completely surrounded by the Namib Desert.
Bathing and hiking are the two main reasons for visiting the Naukluft Camp. There are two short day hikes in the area. The first is the 10km Olive Trail and the second the longer 17km Waterkloof Trail.
There is also an eight day Naukluft Hiking Trail, 120 km hiking trail, and a shorter, 4 day trail. These are open from 1st Mar- 3rd Friday in October only. Camping facilities and water are available at overnight stops on route. Group sizes must be a minimum of 3, and a maximum of 12 people. Bookings must be made in advance for the 4 and 8 day trails.
- There are several walking trails in this area, ranging from a few hours to 8 days
- A few kilometres walk from the campsite you will find crystal clear mountain pools, days can be spent swimming and lounging around these pools and taking in the magnificent Naukluft scenery
The settlement of Bullsport is marked on nearly every map, however it consists of little more than this friendly guest farm. The owners are welcoming and eager to share their Namibian experiences. Great for hiking and horse riding.
A small, budget friendly, owner operated rest camp, with individual bungalows & campsites. Great for those wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life
Located in the mountainous Naukluft section of the Namib Naukluft Park, this is an ideal base for hikers or those wanting to relax at the crystal clear rock pools that amazingly exist in the desert environment
One of the finest desert wine estates in the world can be found on the edge of the Namib Desert. The estate offers accommodation & wine tasting tours
A small lodge on the banks of the Tsauchab River - an excellent place for walking and enjoying the surrounding scenery. Visitors are welcomed by an amazing arrary of metal sculptures
Another excellent place for hiking, in the Tsaris Mountains. If you want a genuinely warm welcome at a special lodge then this is an excellent choice. Zebra River can be used as a base for visits to the dunes at Sossusvlei, but is best used to relax and walk on the massive lodge property
To make the booking process as user friendly as possible we offer 2 ways to make a booking from this website:
- The book or enquire button allows you to add multiple properties to an enquiry & in conjunction with the interactive online Namibia map it can be used to plan and book your entire Namibian trip. Once added to the shopping cart / itinerary planner properties which have online availability can be paid for and booked immediately while those without online functionality will be sent to us for processing.
- Use email us to send an old fashioned email enquiry.