Community Campsites - Namibia
Combine your visit to Etosha with a unique Cultural Experience. Find out more about the ancient culture and contemporary lifestyles of the Hei//Omn (Etosha San) through the Bush Discovery Walk, Village Tour and Traditional Singing and Dancing performance. Relax at our beautiful eco friendly camp set in the natural bush and pitch your tent amongst the branches on a Treedeck or sleep in the open, under the stars.
Why visit Treesleeper?
- Treesleeper is within easy reach of Etosha and is on the southern outskirts of the village of Tsintsabis on the M74 only 60 kms north of Tsumeb
- Tsintsabis village is where many Hei//Omn (Etosha San) and !Kung bushmen have now resettled and our Activities programme provides an insight into their ancient culture and present way of life
- Relax at your private and secluded campsite set amongst trees in the beautiful natural bush
- Pitch a tent on a Treedeck or simply sleep safely out in the open under the stars
- Treesleeper is a convenient stop on the shortcut between Etosha and the B8 to Caprivi
What can you experience?
A range of Bushman Cultural Activities guided by our enthusiastic and knowledgeable, local guides
- The Bush Discovery Walk- Discover the bushman’s secrets of tracking, hunting, fire making and gathering natural foods and medicine
- San traditional singing and dancing.- Songs and dances of celebration, happiness and healing around a campfire in a traditional village setting
- The Village Tour – An interactive visit to the homes of local people. Find out more about their past lives in Etosha and how they are adapting to the challenges of today’s world.
Nearby attractions include:
How do I get there?
We are located on the M75 on the southern edge of Tsintsabis Village 64 kms north of Tsumeb
- From Tsumeb:- Drive up the M75 and Treesleeper is on the right just before you enter Tsintsabis
- From/to Etosha( Namutoni Gate):- The D3001 north of Namutoni connects the B8 (Tsumeb / Oshakati road) to the M75 just south of Tsintsabis
- From/to Rundu and Caprivi:- The D3016 connects the B1(Grootfontein / Rundu road) to the M75 at Tsintsabis
The only way to get a site is to arrange it on arrival at the campsite.
Community Tourism | Namibia
A blend of African excitement & luxury are the order of the day at this luxury lodge
Small mid-price lodge close to the park gate - situated of the private Fischer's pan reserve
Large lodge situated at the Namutoni entrance gate to Etosha. Excellent facilities but expect to share these with large group tours
The latest edition to the Mushara Collection offers mid-range tented accommodation
Good accommodation at a reasonable price, close to the park entrance
Small intimate tented camp built on raised platforms, good for privacy and a 'luxury outdoor' feel
Inside the park borders, built around Fort Namutoni. Recently upgraded to appeal to more 'up-market' visitors
Newly renovated, good mid market option for self-drive tourists
A tented camp just outside Etosha
Luxury lodge built around a fort on Fischer's Pan. Easy access to the park
Small exclusive camp, built on raised platforms - a popular option with those seeking an exclusive new perspective
The first new accommodation to be built inside the Etosha National Park in over 30 years. The camp sits on a wooden deck on an isolated peninsula overlooking the pan
Very exclusive private suites, all mod-cons and luxuries