Satako Rest Camp
Community Campsites - Namibia
At Satako camp in Bushmanland you can and see how the Bushman community who operate the camp have upheld their traditions and customs, and still follow the ways and utilise the skills their ancestors passed down to them.
Why visit the Satako Rest Camp?
- Here you will have an opportunity to meet with and experience the traditions & culture of the Bushmen
- We will make you feel at home, feel as if you were one of us.
What can you experience?
- Learn traditional ways of doing things - tracking, collecting veld food.
- Traditional performances.
What facilities are available?
- Very basic camping facilities
- Ablution facilities.
How do I get there?
- Situated in an area know as “the Corridor”, about two and a half hour drive from Gobabis. It can be reached in a normal 2x4 vehicle and there is a petrol station just 20 km away. The total distance from Gobabis is about 250 km
The only way to get a site is to arrange it on arrival at the campsite.
Community Tourism | Namibia
A satellite camp to Fiume Lodge, the Bush Camp requires a minimum two night stay and is the base for top quality guided excursions to visit a local Bushman / San community
A partially community owned camp - allows guest to gain an insight into the lives of the local Bushman community
In the town of Tsumkwe this lodge offers an opportunity to visit the local San communities