Community Campsites - Namibia
Enjoy the tranquillity of the African bush in the scenic woodlands of Eastern Caprivi.
Why visit the Salambala Campsite?
Enjoy peace and quiet, atmospheric woodlands and wildlife attracted by a permanent natural water pan.
What can you experience?
- View antelope and possibly elephant or even lion
- Enjoy birdwatching (abundant birdlife near the water and in the dense woodland)
- Go on walks (guided walks on request)
- Go on day drives through the Munitenge Royal Forest
What facilities are available?
- Four individual & private campsites (3/4 tents each; Site 1 takes larger groups of 5/6 tents) with tap, braai area, lapa kitchen with sink, shade from large trees and adjacent flush toilet and shower
- Services of local guides (on request)
- Viewing hides
Nearby attractions include:
- Zambezi River (30-40 min)
- Chobe National Park (Botswana, 1-2 hours, 4x4 required in parts)
- Regional capital of Katima Mulilo (40 mins)
Where is it?
- On the Salambala pan, approximately 50 km south of Katima Mulilo on the Ngoma Bridge (Botswana) road (D3508).
How do I get there?
- Approximately 50 kilometres south of Katima look out for a sign on the left hand side of the road indicating the turn off to the right. The turn off is just before a small cuca / bottle shop on the right hand side. The road winds its way for about 5 km through mopane woodland and is sandy in patches and muddy in rainy season. It is usually accessible by 2 x 4 vehicle but access may be by 4x4 only in wet season
The only way to get a site is to arrange it on arrival at the campsite.
Community Tourism | Namibia
A rustic tented camp, built on raised decks overlooking the Chobe River and Chobe National Park.
On the Kwando River, perfectly situated to visit the Nkasa Rupara (Mamili) & Mudumu Reserves
Just outside the town of Katima Mulilo lies this small river front lodge. The accommodation is rustic with open fronted bungalows overlooking the river.
Explore the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers on an adventurous houseboat holiday. Certainly one of the most enjoyable and relaxing ways of exploring the waterways of this area
Caprivi Mutoya Lodge offers an ideal base to day trip into some of the Zambezi Regions most well-known national parks and a famous world heritage site.
Part of the Zambezi Queen collection these three smaller houseboats operate on the Chobe River " offer a superb opportunity to view birds, mammals and scenery on a 2 or 3 night trip
Previously called Ntwala Lodge, this property is situated on three small islands in an ultra-luxurious Chobe destination, with four suites, each with plunge pool and private guiding
Overlooking the vast Chobe floodplain from its situation on the banks of the Chobe River in the east Caprivi this lodge has a lot to offer visitors
Overlooking the Chobe River and Botswana's Chobe National Park, this boutique hotel offers an excellent opportunity to experience all the wildlife and activities the Chobe Region has to offer
One of the best lodges in this area has accommodation in both traditional land based units as well as on two houseboats.
A four room private camp set inside the Nkasa Rupara National Park. A remote and private location in Namibia's least visited hidden gems of a game park makes this a must visit lodge. The lodge can also be booked for exclusive use on a self catering basis
A tented lodge on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River. Offers both self catering facilities and restaurant meals. Excellent for fishing.
This lodge is located at the only place in the world where four countries meet. It is a wonderful Chobe destination with eight luxury chalets.
A more rustic and smaller alternative to the ever popular Lianshulu Lodge
Situated in the Mudumu National Park this is one of the east Zambezi Region's most popular lodges
Situated on an island in the Kwando river around 4km from the trans-Caprivi highway
Located on the banks of the Kwando river in the heart of the Mashi Conservancy, within Bwabwata National Park. This is a sanctuary for more than 35 game species and upwards of 330 bird species. Animals move freely throughout the area which creates a mecca for wildlife viewing
A popular and well appointed lodge near Kongola
A wonderful lodge in an extremely remote location, this is a must for anyone wanting to get of the beaten track and experience Namibia at her best. Offers game viewing in the Nkasa Rupara (formerly Mamili) National Park and boat trips on the Linyanti River.
A small luxurious houseboat, offers awesome game viewing, bird watching & fishing experiences on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
in the Bwabwata National Park this is a perfect land and water camp with six luxury suites, each with private plunge pool
A luxurious house boat on the Chobe River which offers 2 or 3 night cruises on the Chobe River. An excellent way to celebrate a special occasion or just to relax in these splendid surroundings
In the far eastern Caprivi this lodge offers lots of water based activities on both the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers