Community Campsites - Namibia
Why visit N//goabaca Campsite?
- Best views of and access to the Popa Falls
- Privacy and seclusion - get away from the crowds
- Spectacular Birdlife
What can you experience?
- Viewing Popa Falls
- Bird watching (abundant bird life adjacent to the Kavango River)
- Walking (guided walks on request).
What facilities are available?
- Individual and private campsites (take 2/3 tents)
- Site 1 will take larger groups (4/6 tents)
- Sand boxes for tents with grassy areas
- Tap, Braai area, fireplace and thatched kitchen lapa at each site
- Flushing toilets and shower (hot) at each site
- No electricity
- Shade from very mature riverine vegetation
- Timber viewing decks at 2 sites
Nearby attractions include:
- Mahango National Park (30 mins)
- Kavango River (boat trips can be arranged at nearby lodges)
- On the east bank of the Okavango River, next to Popa Falls (rapids), about 4 km from the police checkpoint at the Okavango bridge
How to get there?
- Travelling on the B 8 main road from Katima Mulilo (towards Rundu), 1 km before the Okavango bridge at Divundu look out for a "campsite" sign on the left and a turn off on the left. If approaching from Rundu, cross the Okavango bridge, and within 1 km look out for a "campsite" sign on your left and turn right. The track is suitable for any vehicle, but caution may be required in the wet season.
The only way to get a site is to arrange it on arrival at the campsite.
Community Tourism | Namibia
An upmarket lodge and spa on the banks of the Kavango River. The only traditional luxury lodge on this stretch of river
A well run lodge offering good facilities situated close to the town of Rundu
A few kilometers east of Rundu a nice functional lodge that more than adequately serves as an overnight stop while travelling through the Kavango and Zambezi region. The rooms, bar and restaurant area offer lovely views of the Kavango River.
Situated on the banks of the river (hence the name) in Rundu
Situated close to the Mahangu Park in west Caprivi - this is an excellent stop-over between Namibia, Maun (in Botswana) and the Victoria Falls
A rustic river side campsite and lodge offering excellent value for money. A lively bar and restaurant ensures this appeals to the younger or more socially inclined traveller
Close to Popa Falls and the Mahango Reserve this lodge offers stunning river views
Refreshingly, and surprisingly for the area, this lodge does not have the word 'River' as part of its name. Do not be misled it is situated on the banks of the river opposite the Caprivi Game Park (Bwabwata National Park)
Close to the Popa Falls (a series of rapids on the Kavango River), this rest camp was renovated in 2013
on the Kavango River banks this lodge offers plenty of water based activities
Near the village of Divundu, this small but wonderfully managed lodge is a perennial favourite of ours. Lovely wooden chalets, with large decks overlook the river. Those wanting to experience the river can choose from fishing and sunset river cruises
On a beautiful plot of indigenous plants and trees overlooking the river
One of the best lodges for birders visiting Namibia - but also great for fishing, chilling or generally becoming part of the family (the family consists of a host of creatures including goats, otters and guinefowls all lovingly adopted by the owners)
A small lodge a short distance west of Rundu. The rooms have river views and guests can choose from a range of activities