Community Campsites - Namibia
This is the perfect spot for any game lover as buffalo, lion, elephant, leopard and many more animals roam the area around the banks of the Mashi River in this section of Namibia's Zambezi Region (formerly the Caprivi Strip)
Why visit Nambwa Campsite?
- This camp is situated in Bwabwata National Park (former Caprivi Game Park). Nambwa is built according to eco-responsible principles.
- In the BwaBwata National Park (previously Caprivi Game Reserve), a unique Agreement has been signed between the Ministry of Environment and Tourism and the adjacent communities. This agreement allows the communities through their respective Conservancy structures to develop and manage two campsites in a National Park for the first time in Namibian history. In addition, conservancy management is in place to manage the wildlife in communal areas outside but adjacent to the park and to see to it that benefits from these two camps will flow back into conservation and improve local livelihoods.
- To emphasise the significance of these developments, the two campsites have been constructed in a way in which design and eco-responsible building practice ensures a unique product, which will provide you with a memorable experience. In a combined effort of the Ministry of Environment and Tourism, IRDNC, NACOBTA and the two conservancies, with these two new and exciting campsites, a real asset for the tourism industry in Namibia has been developed.
What can you experience?
- Enjoy abundant and exciting wildlife
- Great bird-watching
- Go on day drives into Bwabwata National Park
What facilities are available?
- The campsite offers four very private campsites with shared ablution and kitchen facilities, all four overlooking the river.
- Braai areas.
- No electricity, water is provided, however bring own drinking water.
Nearby attractions include:
Where is it?
- Nambwa Campsite is situated on the banks of the Mashi River, south of the eastern gate of Bwabwata National Park.
How do I get there?
- The turn-off to the campsite is found along the the main Trans-Caprivi Highway, just 300 meters west of the Eastern Gate of the Bwabwata Park. After having turned off, the campsite is only a 20 minute drive over a sandy road. Access by 4x4 vehicles only.
The only way to get a site is to arrange it on arrival at the campsite.
Community Tourism | Namibia
A rustic tented camp, built on raised decks overlooking the Chobe River and Chobe National Park.
On the Kwando River, perfectly situated to visit the Nkasa Rupara (Mamili) & Mudumu Reserves
Just outside the town of Katima Mulilo lies this small river front lodge. The accommodation is rustic with open fronted bungalows overlooking the river.
Explore the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers on an adventurous houseboat holiday. Certainly one of the most enjoyable and relaxing ways of exploring the waterways of this area
Caprivi Mutoya Lodge offers an ideal base to day trip into some of the Zambezi Regions most well-known national parks and a famous world heritage site.
Part of the Zambezi Queen collection these three smaller houseboats operate on the Chobe River " offer a superb opportunity to view birds, mammals and scenery on a 2 or 3 night trip
Previously called Ntwala Lodge, this property is situated on three small islands in an ultra-luxurious Chobe destination, with four suites, each with plunge pool and private guiding
Overlooking the vast Chobe floodplain from its situation on the banks of the Chobe River in the east Caprivi this lodge has a lot to offer visitors
Overlooking the Chobe River and Botswana's Chobe National Park, this boutique hotel offers an excellent opportunity to experience all the wildlife and activities the Chobe Region has to offer
One of the best lodges in this area has accommodation in both traditional land based units as well as on two houseboats.
A four room private camp set inside the Nkasa Rupara National Park. A remote and private location in Namibia's least visited hidden gems of a game park makes this a must visit lodge. The lodge can also be booked for exclusive use on a self catering basis
A tented lodge on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River. Offers both self catering facilities and restaurant meals. Excellent for fishing.
This lodge is located at the only place in the world where four countries meet. It is a wonderful Chobe destination with eight luxury chalets.
A more rustic and smaller alternative to the ever popular Lianshulu Lodge
Situated in the Mudumu National Park this is one of the east Zambezi Region's most popular lodges
Situated on an island in the Kwando river around 4km from the trans-Caprivi highway
Located on the banks of the Kwando river in the heart of the Mashi Conservancy, within Bwabwata National Park. This is a sanctuary for more than 35 game species and upwards of 330 bird species. Animals move freely throughout the area which creates a mecca for wildlife viewing
A popular and well appointed lodge near Kongola
A wonderful lodge in an extremely remote location, this is a must for anyone wanting to get of the beaten track and experience Namibia at her best. Offers game viewing in the Nkasa Rupara (formerly Mamili) National Park and boat trips on the Linyanti River.
A small luxurious houseboat, offers awesome game viewing, bird watching & fishing experiences on the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers
in the Bwabwata National Park this is a perfect land and water camp with six luxury suites, each with private plunge pool
A luxurious house boat on the Chobe River which offers 2 or 3 night cruises on the Chobe River. An excellent way to celebrate a special occasion or just to relax in these splendid surroundings
In the far eastern Caprivi this lodge offers lots of water based activities on both the Chobe & Zambezi Rivers