Mashi & Sheshe Crafts
Community Endevours - Namibia
Purchase locally designed and produced handicrafts, all made by nearby communities using time-honoured skills and local resources - specialising in woven baskets
Why visit Mashi & Sheshe Crafts?
See how local people have created a thriving small business from innovative craft production and take home original items made by local people.
What can you experience?
- See some of the most beautifully crafted baskets made anywhere in Namibia
- Buy some of these captivating crafts to take home
What types of crafts are available?
- Crafts include a variety of woven baskets, wood carvings and jewellery
- Materials & designs are local and significantly different to those of other regions
- Production takes place at home, allowing producers to continue with other important livelihood activities
- Crafts are brought to the sales outlet from villages in surrounding area
Craft items vary in price, but represent excellent value for money
Nearby attractions include:
- Mudumu National Park (30 min, 4x4 required in parts)
- Nkasa Rupara National Park (50 min from Mashi and 10 min Sheshe, 4x4 required)
- Kwando River
Where is it?
The only way to get a site is to arrange it on arrival at the campsite.
Community Tourism | Namibia