Community Campsites - Namibia
Experience the warm hospitality of the Baster people and get to know their history as well as the rich geological features of the area.
Why visit Garies Lodge?
- Find out about the rich culture, history and warm hospitality of the Baster people.
- See the abundant Geological features that the area offers
What can you experience?
- See Bushman Paintings, rock engravings and other rock art sites
- Drive a 4x4 route with beautiful scenery and a gorge
- Experience the History of the Basters of 1870 and see the old house and kraals of the old Baster Captain, Cornelius van Wyk.
- Horse and horse cart riding
What facilities are available?
- Five rondawel huts and ablution block each accommodating two people with two separate beds and bedding.
- Two bungalows, each four beds including bedding, hot water showers and toilets.
- A restaurant, bar and swimming pool
- Braai areas
- Internet, telephone and fax facilities
- Breakfast, Dinner and Lunch are served.
DIRECTIONS TO THE LODGE:
- From Windhoek take the B1 south to Rehoboth (you will reach Rehoboth after 87 kms). Drive through Rehoboth and continue driving South on the B1. Just after Rehoboth you turn off to your right on the C24 to Klein Aub. Follow 90 kms of gravel road to Klein-Aub and continue on the C24 to the junction, turn to your right(C24) for 8 kilometre. Follow the signboards.
The only way to get a site is to arrange it on arrival at the campsite.
Community Tourism | Namibia
A selection of rooms and bungalows surround this large lake. This is a good place to stay if you are looking for complete relaxation, perhaps at the end of the trip before driving to the Windhoek International Airport (which is about 1.5 hours drive away)