a guided self drive tour through Katutura
It's time to let go of the formal trips in Namibia to the usual Windhoek establishments. Broaden your horizons and take a guided tour of the vibrant streets of Katutura in your own vehicle. The Food, Culture & Adventure Tour is an interesting and rewarding morning or afternoon out through this culturally and historically rich township. Eat and drink, barter and buy and thoroughly enjoy 'the place where no one wants to live' where not everyone lives in 'shiny' houses. A better understanding of how this side of Windhoek operates should not be missed.Pre-arrange a pick-up time for your guide to meet you at your accommodation in Windhoek for not later than 14h00. The duration of trip is about 2.5hrs and your guide will keep you informed and entertained throughout. The guide comes highly recommended: you won't get lost and they know all the good and safe spots in this generally welcoming township!!! Itinerary (not necessarily in this order):
- Soweto Market: Popular and interesting area of Katutura.
- Eveline Street/Wanaheda: Vibrant and lively areas both day and night.
- Habitat Research & Development Centre: An insight into the central information resource centre which focuses on housing and related matters.
- Local Traditional Restaurant: A lunch/dinner can be arranged at own expense. Great meat at the Kapana area and is baked sheep's head on the menu today!
- Tour of Penduka/Katutours: The daily lives of local women who produce and sell beautiful Namibian handcrafts.
- A knowledgeable & enthusiastic local guide
The price of this tour is per vehicle (Not per person)
- A vehicle - you provide your own
Food & drink
- Bring Along
- Spending money - you will be visiting a variety of local markets and stores
Please do not bring along excessive jewelry & valuables
This excursion to a game lodge offers the unique opportunity to view leopards & cheetah at close range
A wide variety of horse riding options including: Champagne Breakfast Rides, Sundowner Rides, Rides by the hour & even multiple day outings
Explore the township area of Katutura on a bike tour
Get to visit Windhoek's township from the comfort of your own vehicle - while accompanied by a knowledgeable local guide
Half or Full- Day Tours to a game ranch north of the city. Includes horse riding (only on full day), a game drive & lion feeding
Visit a diamond & jewelry showroom - open 7 days a week by appointment
A historical & cultural half day trip that explores central Windhoek
Learn about the pre-independence apartheid history of Windhoek